Theatre “Quattro Cavalieri”
Commissioned to architect Bibbiena on 1771, the theatre was open on 1773, the work including the demolition of the urban fabric around the Castle. The refurbishment project dates 1985; it has to preserve original elements and overhaul the added parts, integrating them with elements as the eighteenth-century courtyard with the aim of a new relationship with the city. The garden, a connection with the Castle, is redesigned subverting the use of a small auditorium whose stage uses the existing services. The restoration of the 18th century structure includes a total revision of the tones and colours reflecting the lightness of the original structure, with direct colouring, without plaster, deducible from the original incision which shows the architectural game of the structures.